The M'Keka Do (MKD) School of Karate is a traditional, yet unique School, with roots in Kyokushin Karate as well as modern aspects of kickboxing, resulting in a well-rounded training style. Our style is also designed to be a method of self-defense.
M'Keka Do means The Way of the Strong Foundation.
We emphasize a strong foundation in conditioning, discipline, techniques and perpetual self-growth. The training at our Dojo (School) is for individuals of all levels. Whatever level you come in at, you are guaranteed to be challenged physically and mentally to strive to attain what you know and believe you can - your "new best".
At every class, students develop physical strength and resilience, improved posture and flexibility, and heightened reflexes and timing. At the mental level, students cultivate a mental toughness and an "I can do this" attitude, self-control and discipline. Our training encompasses the art of never giving up and that goes beyond the dojo floor. Our training also nurtures spiritual awareness and being centered.
- Providing the best martial arts and fitness classes to children, teens and adults.
- Instilling discipline, self-esteem, assertiveness, respect for oneself and for others, honor & integrity and responsibility.
Our school is based on, encourages and inculcates these values:
- Discipline - Respect - Assertiveness
- Honor & integrity - Responsibility - Listening
- Caring - Courtesy - Passion