Daily Schedule & Information
Dates: Tues, July 5 - Fri, Aug 26 (8 weeks)
For Boys & Girls, Ages 5-10
Location: MKD School of Karate,
72-26 Roosevelt Ave, 2nd Floor
Jackson Heights NY 11372
9:00 - Drop-off / Arrival
9:05-9:30 - Travel to Travers Playground
9:30-10:30 - Warm up & KARATE
10:30-10:55 - Snack Break
10:55-11:45 - Team Games at the Playground
11:45-12:00- Travel to MKD School
12:00-1:00 - Lunch & Imaginative Play
1:00-2:00 - Interactive Activity #3
2:00-3:00 - Interactive Activity #4
3:00-3:20 - Snack Break
3:20-4:20 - Interactive Activity #5
4:20-4:55 - Karate kata / flex & stretch / relax & meditate
5:00 - Dismissal / Pickup
* Karate daily - taught by MKD Karate instructors.
* Provides a challenging and supportive physical and mental training for children to progress at their own pace.
* A huge variety of Interactive Activities taught by professionally trained Teaching Artists.
* Covers 5 broad categories: Physical Exercise, Science & Logic, Music & Dance, Visual Arts & Crafts, and Storytelling & Theater.
Focus on Play, Fresh Air & Enrichment
* Our focus is on children having fun, getting to move their bodies everyday and enriching their minds everyday. Children are given ample time to eat their lunch and engage in free play with their new friends afterwards. All interactive and karate activities are geared to each child and are age-appropriate and safe.
* MKD Instructors and Teaching Artists will comprise the summer camp staff.
* Ratio of instructors to students 1:5
* Holistic caring philosophy - safe, fun environment, teamwork, social interaction, development of motor skills, and learning life lessons.
* Emphasis on outdoor play, classes, free play, lunch and recess in the fresh air and sun, when the weather is good and safe (i.e. not too hot).
* Limited spot availability
* See here for registration information
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
KOKORO in Kanji
* Team Games
* Flex & Stretch
* Sizzling Circuits
* Math Art
* Myths & Legends
* Improv Comedy
* Improv Games
* Story Telling
* Hip hop
* Yoga & Meditation
* Mindful Meditation
* End of week celebration